Monday, September 12, 2011

How bad do I have to be


Lately I find myself in a self absorbed state. I never really like admitting this as it is not one of my better characteristics. There has been many a "why me", "life sucks", "school's hard", "why do I have to go to work", and believe me I could keep going on what I consider a deeper level. I go through these phases when I get frustrated and feel like I am stuck in some proverbial rut. This last one I think I actually learned something. My family and friends are AMAZING. I am not sure whether they mean to be in the case of last week but it felt like every time I talked to someone or saw certain words via the social networking world there were these little thoughts planted in my head. And once my brain put them all together I not only felt better but empowered. I am surrounded by people that say the exact right things and the exact right time and thankfully this week I was listening. Future Goal: Keep listening and hopefully I can pay it forward.

* Side note: This title makes perfect sense if you listen to the Plain White T's :)

1 comment:

Say it, you know you want to :)