I am the proud owner of the iPhone 3gs (the s is more important than I ever imagined). Two months ago I shattered the glass but impressively the phone, touch screen and all, still worked. I was honestly more impressed with my phone after I broke it. After talking with my local Apple store it was determined that it would cost me $200 to fix the phone, even with the insurance that turned out to be useless. For that I could buy a new phone and decided to be stubborn and keep my phone as is. Flash forward three months and the cracked pieces start to fall out. I went online and found out that I could, for $7.50, fix the problem myself. The part comes in the mail and I spend an hour taking my phone apart and putting it back together. At this point I am ready to pat myself on the back and am humming the tune of "Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now" :) All that is left to do is fit the front to the back, only problem is it does not fit. After trying to figure it out I broke down and called the number that came with the kit. Turns out I wrongly purchased the 3g replacement and that explained the almost success. Now I was starting to get nervous, no working phone for a holiday weekend, how would I survive. The extremely nice guy ended up over-nighting me the right kit, for free! I survived the night without a phone and before noon on a Saturday I had a cosmetically pleasing phone for way less than $200! I also still do not have a case but hopefully my phone lasts until that project gets taken care of. Cross your fingers :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Say it, you know you want to :)